Large print

This section will include any new tips and tutorials related to the Solus.
Sebastien_Lani
Novice
Large print

Postby Sebastien_Lani » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:46 pm

Hi all

I had to print a very big piece, 111mm length. So I decice to tilt in to have it fitting in the build volume. But I'm having an issue. I was only able to get a XY surface of 72x42mm (38xy resolution), the projected image on the quartz is not center. I tried to adjust the projector but not sufficient, I would have to completely detach it from the solus. Is it something that already happen to someone else?
Could it be the mirror inside the solus? I had some time ago to clean the entire system, having some resin inside but as I was previously printing with the 25xy position, I had not such issue.

By the way it was supposed to fit in the build volume (see picture of the screen below) but I should count on the z motion during the printing so at the end it was missing several millimeters. The print is really nice, was this solus proto, low bending of the total structure, would say 0.1-0.2mm at max.
The total length was very close to the target of 111mm, 0.1mm of error. Many structures were at precision of 0 to 0.05mm precision. Surface very smooth and rigid.

20160614_085843-compressed.jpg

20160614_085630-compressed.jpg
reify
Site Admin

Re: Large print

Postby reify » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:39 am

Hi Sebastien,

I will contact you today.