Projector Power Light Randomly Turns On

This section is for specific instructions for daily operations of the Solus printer and for troubleshooting. User submitted tips, etc. should go in the "Tips and Tutorials" section.
TJLuxe
Projector Power Light Randomly Turns On

Postby TJLuxe » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:44 am

My projector power light keeps randomly projecting during prints and curing a small rectangle on the film where it is. I have the Infocus projector that was recommended when I bought the printer. Just to be clear it is the tiny orange rectangle that turns on when you press the power button twice to turn the printer off, but it keeps randomly projecting during printing. Most of the time the prints still come out fine but it has caused a few failures and ruined quite a few pieces of vat film for me. If anyone knows how to correct this, I would appreciate it. Thanks!
reify
Site Admin

Re: Projector Power Light Randomly Turns On

Postby reify » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:48 am

Hi,

I think it is likely the "searching for source" popup so please check your video cable connection.
TJLuxe

Postby TJLuxe » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:57 am

Thanks, I will try it. I have relocated my printer since its been happening so all the cables have been unplugged and plugged back in and it still happens but let me try reconnecting everything again.
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:24 am

Wonder if it could be the USB port going to sleep. Check you settings to be sure the usb ports never go idle or sleep. Make sure you computer is set to Never sleep or use a screensaver.