Print sticking to film

This section is for specific instructions for daily operations of the Solus printer and for troubleshooting. User submitted tips, etc. should go in the "Tips and Tutorials" section.
toddmichael
Novice
Re: Print sticking to film

Postby toddmichael » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:25 am

Can anybody clue me in on this spring thing, so i can check mine to see if it could be an issue I am having?

Toddmichael
Toddmichael
Firestorm Cad / Jeweler / Designer
mongerdesigns
Solus Guru

Postby mongerdesigns » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:55 am

Just sent you an email Todd.
Monger Designs a.k.a. Monger
http://www.mongerdesigns.com

Junction3d - Official US Distributor for the SOLUS 3D PRINTER
http://www.junction3d.com

Follow us on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/junction3d/
Wdshea
Solus Expert

Postby Wdshea » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:07 am

My spring looks like that, is that what its supposed to look like? I havent noticed any issues
mongerdesigns
Solus Guru

Postby mongerdesigns » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:36 am

That's how they all look.
Monger Designs a.k.a. Monger
http://www.mongerdesigns.com

Junction3d - Official US Distributor for the SOLUS 3D PRINTER
http://www.junction3d.com

Follow us on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/junction3d/
GSJ_NZ
Novice

Postby GSJ_NZ » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:18 am

I've had two days of repeat fails, even with the Reify sample ring i did as my first print, and then i saw this post regarding the spring.
My spring has the same distorted appearance, but was still attached.
However, it had worked its way to the very end of the shaft at the base of the tilt table. I opened up the case and slid it along, so that it was back in alignment with the anchor point at the other end.
The next two prints were successful! I realise that the spring may in fact not be distorted at all, but its position seems a likely contributor to my issues. To be fair i did change the resin before the successful print, but that was only in desperation as i had tried everything else i could think of. The old resin was only two attempted prints old, clean and freshly filtered, and the vat film was clean.
reify
Site Admin

Postby reify » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:12 am

Kerstien wrote:
reify wrote:
Kerstien wrote:
My first ring came out perfect (view attachment) then the others i tried i had problems, is the netfabb cloud free?

Your supports look very well done on your first ring. The other ring you are trying to print does look more challenging as there might be some hard to find overhangs. The Preform software from Formlabs works great for finding these. It's free, as is the NetFabb cloud service.

Here is a related post that you may not have seen yet (again Preform would have been useful for finding those swirls):

http://reify-3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=50#p183

Found out why a normal band was sticking to the film, it was runing on the inside of the printer :) , i put it back on and its printing fine :) , should you send me a new spring or i use the one i have ?

Hi,

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean by "it was running on the inside of the printer." Can you please clarify this?

The spring is normal, they are supposed to look like that.
reify
Site Admin

Postby reify » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:17 am

GSJ_NZ wrote:I've had two days of repeat fails, even with the Reify sample ring i did as my first print, and then i saw this post regarding the spring.
However, it had worked its way to the very end of the shaft at the base of the tilt table. I opened up the case and slid it along, so that it was back in alignment with the anchor point at the other end.
The next two prints were successful! I realise that the spring may in fact not be distorted at all, but its position seems a likely contributor to my issues. To be fair i did change the resin before the successful print, but that was only in desperation as i had tried everything else i could think of. The old resin was only two attempted prints old, clean and freshly filtered, and the vat film was clean.

Hi,

The spring is supposed to look the way it does. The spring attaches to a small hole next to the homing screw...was yours out of this hole?

Old resin can cause fails.
Kerstien
Solus Expert

Postby Kerstien » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:20 am

reify wrote:
GSJ_NZ wrote:I've had two days of repeat fails, even with the Reify sample ring i did as my first print, and then i saw this post regarding the spring.

The spring is supposed to look the way it does. The spring attaches to a small hole next to the homing screw...was yours out of this hole?

Old resin can cause fails.

Hi Mark, sorry i didn't write exactly what happened, but after printing the band with success i wonted to let you know,
So this is exactly step by step what happened.

Yesterday after retrying to print the band for 3 times i heard a strange clicking noise on the inside of the printer and so i moved the printer to try to have a look inside, thats when i noticed that there was something running loose inside, i opened the printer and found the spring at the bottom of the printer, i put it back on and printed 2 ring that before they where sticking to the film, they printed out perfectly. No resin or film was changed.
Attachments
image.jpg
reify
Site Admin

Postby reify » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:51 am

HI,

Looks very nice :)

The spring must have come off in shipping, sorry for the inconvenience.
Kerstien
Solus Expert

Postby Kerstien » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:54 pm

reify wrote:HI,

Looks very nice :)

The spring must have come off in shipping, sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks Mark, now im printing 247 :) love my Solus best investment ever.