New laptop for souls

This section is for specific instructions for daily operations of the Solus printer and for troubleshooting. User submitted tips, etc. should go in the "Tips and Tutorials" section.
Sagariz
Novice
New laptop for souls

Postby Sagariz » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:12 am

I need to buy a new laptop for the printer but I would like to know wich model of laptop do you have.

I have a Lenovo Y910 and it didn`t works, also I have a alienware alpha R2 and It didn`t works too, so I need some that really works for solus, could you help me?

Thanks for your time.
mongerdesigns
Solus Guru

Re: New laptop for souls

Postby mongerdesigns » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:15 am

Monger Designs a.k.a. Monger
http://www.mongerdesigns.com

Junction3d - Official US Distributor for the SOLUS 3D PRINTER
http://www.junction3d.com

Follow us on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/junction3d/
Sagariz
Novice

Postby Sagariz » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:09 pm

Thanks emil, someone else? ;)
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:46 am

Big thing is the graphics. Must be HD. Have enough USB ports. Can't believe your Alienware did not work. Might have to play with the graphics card. And make sure the USB ports are set in Control panel to always stay on-powered. I use a Dell I purchased from Best Buy. I5 8gh memory Intel HD graphics.
Sagariz
Novice

Postby Sagariz » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:37 pm

Unfortunately the alienware is a desktop and only have 1 hdmi port for the screen, the Lenovo is a gamer PC but We don´t know why the RGB did´nt work, do you have the model of your dell to try to find here?

I want to buy someone who actually works with other solus owners.

Thanks for your reply
rkundla
Solus Master

Postby rkundla » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:20 pm

Sagariz wrote:Unfortunately the alienware is a desktop and only have 1 hdmi port for the screen

If you have a DVI connector on the Alienware machine, you can get a DVI->HDMI converter cable since I am guessing your desktop monitor is HDMI.
Sagariz
Novice

Postby Sagariz » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:25 pm

Mmm, this is the only inputs and outputs of my computer, I think it's not one of the ones that you comment.

rkundla
Solus Master

Postby rkundla » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:45 am

Sagariz wrote:Mmm, this is the only inputs and outputs of my computer, I think it's not one of the ones that you comment.

Nope, that is one of them super slim machines, almost like for home theater use. Interesting that it actually has a HDMI input. :geek:
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:51 am

My Dell that I use is a inspiron 15 7000 series 7548. I5 It's a few years old not but works great with the printer.
robin
Solus Expert

Postby robin » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:38 am

rkundla wrote:
Sagariz wrote:Mmm, this is the only inputs and outputs of my computer, I think it's not one of the ones that you comment.

Nope, that is one of them super slim machines, almost like for home theater use. Interesting that it actually has a HDMI input. :geek:

Check out Intel's Nuc pc's. I built one last year for a friend. Intel i5 w/ 8gb ram and using integrated graphics iirc intel hd 620. Performance is top notch if I didn't tell you it's a Nuc you'd think it's a full sized PC. I have it screwed to the back of his monitor. CLEAN setup, no visible cables.