Solus Contour Grows

This section is for specific instructions for daily operations of the Solus printer and for troubleshooting. User submitted tips, etc. should go in the "Tips and Tutorials" section.
VermillionSquad
Solus Contour Grows

Postby VermillionSquad » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:24 pm

Hey guys, need some help. Long story short I’m new to 3D printing. At work we have i guess the normal original Solus Contour. All of a sudden we have are having a issue where the grow plate on one half just wont grow. Sometimes it will make the base film and nothing else sometimes it will print a half a ring out but its a mangled mess. BUT the other side prints perfectly fine. At first i thought it was the resin because the resin we accidentally got was for the pro. Here is the thing even tho. When we first used the resin for the pro everything was fine until all of a sudden this happens. We re calibrated it tried to position things differently. I cleaned the glass at n the lens for the projector and on the machine. We have another machine that is down but i took the VAT because maybe i thought it was the plastic film on the VAT but nothing. THEN i even took a new grow plate and it still is doing it. Im new to all this and at a loss. I will be getting new resin and a profile for it after this bottle is gone but idk is there anything else anyone may know of? I would greatly appreciate it.
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Re: Solus Contour Grows

Postby Jewelermdt » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:19 am

The projector is the problem IMO. How many hours on the bulb? But my guess is it's not the bulb but something internal. Contact Emil.

Bite the bullet and get the New Solus Pro machine.