any ideas what causing this please?

This section is for specific instructions for daily operations of the Solus printer and for troubleshooting. User submitted tips, etc. should go in the "Tips and Tutorials" section.
englishcadmaster
Novice
any ideas what causing this please?

Postby englishcadmaster » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:56 pm

keep getting this occurring..... first 4.5mm great then after a good start this.

it happens on previously built models that were fine I think its not the cad model.

anyone seen this before please?

had two days of this an finally going to crack soon!

thanks,

r
Attachments
IMG_0714.JPG
IMG_0706.JPG
KennyB
Novice

Re: any ideas what causing this please?

Postby KennyB » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:49 pm

Check your film for damage and/or tension issues. Do a print without resin and make sure the tilt is working properly.

If you're still using CW, make sure you are pre-slicing the model before printing or better yet, upgrade to the Contour software.
It is worth every penny and more of the $99.00 it costs for the grid warp at 25xy issue alone.
englishcadmaster
Novice

Postby englishcadmaster » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:36 pm

had a look without a vat on and the tilt seems to be tilting though never looked at it before so not really any idea how much it should move... guessing about 4mm or something at one end?

not sure what you mean by pre-slicing.... i press slice and wait and it comes up with a time then I press start button and it drops and lights.

do you mean I slice and save or something?

thanks,

r
KennyB
Novice

Postby KennyB » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:02 pm

Yes pre-slicing is basically this:

CW->Configure Slicing Profile->Export to CWS

Then save the file, and when you slice, it will pre-slice the model instead of doing it on the fly. I found this was the solution to my similar problems, unless your film is too beat up, then that may be the culprit.
englishcadmaster
Novice

Postby englishcadmaster » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:32 pm

okay will try saving and opening again in cw

film wise its new as just put one on due to the other one failing in the same manner.

i think I ve done it correctly but something seems certainly wrong.

I had quite a few good builds but were slightly rounded on the edges..... its the in focus projector i changed the sharpness to 100 as per one of the threads on here and it all went belly up.

not sure what the default should be but its now on 17.

any idea how much in mm the tilt should move?

thanks,

r
englishcadmaster
Novice

Postby englishcadmaster » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:19 pm

i did just check the build plate calibration thing with the 0.07mm paper......

I could when homed get a 0.18mm piece of paper in the gap and move it around.

now done the thin paper and tightend the build plat according to that now.

bed now but will try again with printing soon!
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:45 am

Sometimes it's how you tighten the vat. I find it has to be near perfect. Not to tight and not too loose. Also be sure in the first layer will be printed in the slice view. If a support goes through the bottom oval flat support a fraction, it won't print well. So always look at the slice view to be sure. Is your film wrinkled? It passes netfab?
englishcadmaster
Novice

Postby englishcadmaster » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:52 am

okay got another build on now and wait and see.

guess whats strange is that upto 4mm tall all seems well then half the build starts the fail. This is on stuff thats printed before and also the test sample ring of solus.

i did wonder if the projector was doing something strange perhaps after a not perhaps a height but a length of time?

I have checked the first slice file and its in the cw window upon starting as it should be I think.

I ll try then another build after the gap between the plate and the quartz has been changed to the thin paper gauge of 0.07mm.

Then will try taking the film off and a new one on and try the tensions again. thanks all,

r
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:17 am

Other things that could cause problems..
Computer set to never go to sleep, no screensaver ect. and nothing else running except Solus (CW) software. Double check these. My computer would reset sometimes.
Your USP port set to never go idle. Always on.