Help Printing Bangle

This section is for specific instructions for daily operations of the Solus printer and for troubleshooting. User submitted tips, etc. should go in the "Tips and Tutorials" section.
toddmichael
Novice
Help Printing Bangle

Postby toddmichael » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:09 am

Good Morning All;

I am having trouble printing this bangle bracelet and am looking for any suggestions for a successful print?
I have spruced this up 3 different ways and still no success for the bottom half. And even with the bottom now printing the top comes out with a fixable crack.
It is a 5 hour 45 minute print that runs close to 6 hours 25 minutes. Was going to try and load the build file, but the forum will not accept the stl file.

Any suggestions would be appriciated?

Toddmichael
Attachments
b3.jpg
b2.jpg
b1.jpg
Toddmichael
Firestorm Cad / Jeweler / Designer
reify
Site Admin

Re: Help Printing Bangle

Postby reify » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:24 am

Hi Todd,

Did you get it to print? If not, please send the stl to reify3d@gmail.com and I'll take a look.
toddmichael
Novice

Postby toddmichael » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:14 pm

Mark;

I broke it into 2 sections and printed it last night, worked ok. I am doing another bangle now and if I run into it again, will definitely email.
I am thinking as the print time is longer over a normal 2 to 3 hour print the resin might start to break down as we see it does sitting around.

I print a bangle a week or more, and really need to get these down to a science. Rings and pendants are doing a lot better.

Toddmichael
Toddmichael
Firestorm Cad / Jeweler / Designer
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:06 am

Will they fit laying flat? Be a lot quicker.