Calibration Problem

General topics about 3d printing.
Bioprint
Calibration Problem

Postby Bioprint » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:50 pm

Hi,

I have 2 question, is there any special paper or something to do a properly calibration? or just use a normal sheet of paper, and if possible to change the value in the software for example the size of the bath?.

Thanks in advance.
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Re: Calibration Problem

Postby Jewelermdt » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:15 am

I guess your talking about the gird sizes. It's best to use a very thin piece of paper. Some use graph paper. Draw a precise rectangle for the size of each and place on quartz and project the gird. Use the software to adjust the corners and middle.
Not sure what you mean by "size of bath" You can't make the grid bigger that the size of the profile. You will get distortion.

For calibrating the build platform, also use a thin piece of paper. Just put it under each corner to calibrate.

There are videos on how to do this. http://www.reify-3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=104
Bioprint

Postby Bioprint » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:18 am

Sorry, i will try to explain myself better now.

1. When i do the platform calibration I need a special size of paper (for example 25 microns)?.

2. If i want to change a default parameters for example the grid size or the grid form (for example i have a normal square grid for 25 microns resolution and i want to change for circular grid, Is possible?).

3. The maximum resolution by layer is 25 microns? (for example i can do layers with size 5 microns?).

Thanks in advance.
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:19 am

The thinnest would be best. No more than the thickness of the film.

DO NOT change the grid layout size. Size it to the print profile you are using. Always use the rectangle grid, just measure it accurately.

I don't know much about changing the micron size. You can but you would have to play with the settings to get it right. Plus Don't think the detail will be much different and only increase the print time.