project white

General topics about 3d printing.
lklutts
Solus Expert
project white

Postby lklutts » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:07 pm

Question with the project white on the solus. I have done 6 grows and done nothing but stir the resin in the vat. Just had a fail. Did 3 wire balls 15mm round, 2 came out 1 didnt. Should I stir the resin before I do the project white to clean the film or just do it then add some resin. Not a lot left in the tank, so probably just flash it, clean it and put in some new resin. Just like to know what everybody else does?
Also, I bought one of the UV weed holding jars for my resin after I use it so as not to mix it with new resin. They work great, easy to stir, I filter in and filter out.
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Re: project white

Postby Jewelermdt » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:56 am

Just depends on how depleted your resin is. I don't stir, so as not to move any loose cured resin near were the fail occurred.
drewbacca
Novice

Postby drewbacca » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:25 am

Idk what project white is, but I can tell you what I do in case of a failed print.

I empty out the resin VAT by pouring it through one of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Auto-Funnel-w-Flexible-Spout-Extension-Mesh-Screen-Strainer-Gasoline-Oil-/171099195812 back into the bottle.
Make sure you peel off any cured resin on the film
Then shake the resin bottle and pour back into VAT
robin
Solus Expert

Postby robin » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:56 pm

drewbacca wrote:Idk what project white is, but I can tell you what I do in case of a failed print.

Project White can be used to cure up the entire build area which creates a rectangular layer that will grab all the floaters and cured parts from failed prints.

I wouldn't stir the resin after a failed print and would directly project white and then peel it off. This method is not a replacement for filtering which I recommend you should do after every run. I don't know about you, but I always have at least one model that is missing some of supports. I've found them sticking to the tank wall so filtering or projecting white wouldn't remove them.