Pricing

General topics about 3d printing.
gemmark
Pricing

Postby gemmark » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:26 pm

Can anyone offer how they price out a print?

Mark
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Re: Pricing

Postby Jewelermdt » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:42 am

What type of pricing? For figuring custom job of customer or for trade work to another jeweler? Just the print, or design also?
gemmark

Postby gemmark » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:23 am

Good questions... I do cad and am looking to get this printer. I would like to know if I do the cad, which I know how to price, whats a good formula to use to print the model? I do custom work and usually send the file out to be printed, and everyone's pricing is so inconsistent that i am trying to establish a baseline as far as how long the print takes so that I can give consistent pricing. So to answer your question, just the printed model. If I create the file or someone else does, I want to be able to give the same price.
toddmichael
Novice

Postby toddmichael » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:26 am

At my full time job we do this for others and the structure is here.

Normal Rings 40.00 for the 1st and 20.00 for each additional at same time.
Normal definded any finger size up to 13, and 15 mm wide, making height about 32 mm
Earrings and pendants fitting the same area, same price.

If a design takes ip 1.5 normal, charge 1.5 normal

Bangles, and over size start at $95.00

Whole print platform is $225.00

We run at 50 microns during the day and 25 microns over night, over size and full platform over the weekend.

As an enticement for using our cad service, we print our cad work at half price or better depending on customer payrate and volume.

In by 330 pm, out by 11 am next morning, minus weekends. In by 830 am, ready by 4 pm same day.

Hope this helps
Toddmichael
Firestorm Cad / Jeweler / Designer
CADjewelrySchool
Novice

Postby CADjewelrySchool » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:46 am

Thanks for sharing that Todd. In Sydney, Australia the going rate for most of the 3D printing suppliers is about US$50 for standard sized rings as you mentioned. I know of 3-4 places and they do not offer any discount for same sized jobs printed at the same time. Customer's understandably complain about this - they print 3 x standard rings - they are charged US$50 each. The "default" resolution is printed at 50Z.