looking for an illustrator to do a job for me today, anyone interested?

General topics about 3d printing.
manakawari
Solus Expert
looking for an illustrator to do a job for me today, anyone interested?

Postby manakawari » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:15 pm

my company has a job to create a mask of a celebrity..its not a real mask, basically I need to cnc machine a face of the person and then I plan on either using the actual machined piece or I will use the machined piece as a master and I will vacuum form the machined part to create my mask...its an art project.

The problem is, do not know how to 3d illustrate a portrait and I am looking for someone to do the job for me.

Im not quite sure how much time something like this would take but as a starting point I can pay a hundred dollars for the file??? is this reasonable? if it takes longer than I thought wed be willing to consider paying more.

basically I would like to provide a photograph that we would like to use for the model as well as a side view profile photo of the celebrity to help in rendering the model.

we do not need the whole head, just the face and hair from the frontal view with the back being flat,..like a relief...so that if you layed the print on the table, it would lay flat and flush on the table with the face pointing up.

since we are likely going to vacuum form the piece, we do not need a lot of detail in the face, basically as long as the shape of the face is correct that should be enough.

the eyes are closed in the photo so the model should have eyes closed as well.

the hair also needs to be rendered ( she has distinguishable hair that's her trade mark so its important and for that we would like a small amount of detail showing that its actually hair and not a helmet.

the size is going to be 8 inches tall and we would like it provided in an stl format.

I will attach the photo we are trying to use to make the model...the photo has her hand obscuring part of her face but we do not want the hand in the model, just the face and hair, no neck.

anyone interested? I will check back to see if anyone responded but if someone reading this wants the job and doesn't want to wait for my response , or has questions, they can text or call me 646 474 5626

if calling ask for James

thanks
Attachments
profile.jpg
face.jpg
manakawari
Solus Expert

Re: looking for an illustrator to do a job for me today, anyone interested?

Postby manakawari » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:17 pm

the photo we want to use is the bottom photo, the series of photos on top I only included because its the only side view I was able to find of this woman...again, just the face and hair, the hand should be removed.
manakawari
Solus Expert

Re: looking for an illustrator to do a job for me today, anyone interested?

Postby manakawari » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:18 pm

basically the model when finished should look like this with the back flat
Attachments
3d.jpg