print fail. How to remove from build plate.

General topics about 3d printing.
jayk87
Novice
print fail. How to remove from build plate.

Postby jayk87 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:02 am

KakaoTalk_20170409_194450716.jpg

I changed to 25micron from 42micron.
and Print failed. I want to remove the resin on film but I cannot remove it with the spatula which comes with the solus.

and I really do not know where is the rectangle thing from.

Also, I tried to calibrate but the focus is not evenly spread out; top is blurry.
is it impossible to calibrate whole build table perfectly?
mongerdesigns
Solus Guru

Re: print fail. How to remove from build plate.

Postby mongerdesigns » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:17 am

That rectangle might be a "source not found" message from the projector or something. Put the little orange rectangle between the printer and the projector if you're turning on the projector or doing setup, etc. Remove before printing.

You can focus and calibrate the entire area. Just follow the directions and the videos.

I see lots of flashing and curing of the background. Have you set the FULL RGB in your graphics card options, per the instructions?

To remove cured resin, put a microfiber cloth on the bottom and push up with your fingers gently, and then use the tweezers to carefully peel off the cured resin from the film. If there are lots of small pieces, you can even use the Project White (File, Setup) to project the entire area for about 25 seconds (depending on the resin) and then it will be easier to peel off that large rectangle from the film. Make sure there is resin in the tank, and don't use the build platform.
Monger Designs a.k.a. Monger
http://www.mongerdesigns.com

Junction3d - Official US Distributor for the SOLUS 3D PRINTER
http://www.junction3d.com

Follow us on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/junction3d/
jayk87
Novice

Postby jayk87 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:28 am

mongerdesigns wrote:That rectangle might be a "source not found" message from the projector or something. Put the little orange rectangle between the printer and the projector if you're turning on the projector or doing setup, etc. Remove before printing.

You can focus and calibrate the entire area. Just follow the directions and the videos.

I see lots of flashing and curing of the background. Have you set the FULL RGB in your graphics card options, per the instructions?

To remove cured resin, put a microfiber cloth on the bottom and push up with your fingers gently, and then use the tweezers to carefully peel off the cured resin from the film. If there are lots of small pieces, you can even use the Project White (File, Setup) to project the entire area for about 25 seconds (depending on the resin) and then it will be easier to peel off that large rectangle from the film. Make sure there is resin in the tank, and don't use the build platform.

Thank you very much. I will try with your comment.
I set the Full RGB already. Do I need to bump up exposure time?
samatheang
Solus Expert

Postby samatheang » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:27 am

Make sure you change the lens from 5x to 10x when you want to focus for 25XY.
jayk87
Novice

Postby jayk87 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:03 am

samatheang wrote:Make sure you change the lens from 5x to 10x when you want to focus for 25XY.

Yes I did it with the x10.