Incomplete growing

General topics about 3d printing.
Gtg330
Novice
Incomplete growing

Postby Gtg330 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:35 pm

IMG_0507.JPG

Any one have an idea why the middle one came out complete but out side ones didn't work.
Kerstien
Solus Expert

Re: Incomplete growing

Postby Kerstien » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:11 pm

When you get a failed print 95% of the time its the supports, use the ring support on contur it should fix the probem, you dont even need the side supports ;)
Gtg330
Novice

Postby Gtg330 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:08 pm

the part that puzzles me is that I have grown this sing several times with same support structure and it worked and I have tried with out side supports with failure until it was their. actually that originally was put there my auto supports but it is no consistant with auto support. I'm just regrowing because I'm having casting issues with this model.
Kerstien
Solus Expert

Postby Kerstien » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:42 pm

It could be you need to recalibrate the build platform, but i would still suggest to use the ring support on couture
Kerstien
Solus Expert

Postby Kerstien » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:55 pm

Just click on the supports ring icon then click on the bottom of the ring where it needs supports
Devlin
Novice

Postby Devlin » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:28 pm

One thing I have found after experiencing this very problem, I just confirmed it again today.
I did two prints of the same band yesterday only one came out. This has printed successfully before. I ran another print just one band this time, nothing came out. Nothing on the build plate nothing or on the film. I did mix the resin well before use but the resin has been used in the past, no new resin was mixed in.

So what I do is start with fresh new resin. I Ran the same band again no changes, successful print. I will end up mixing the old and the new with filtering of course.

Try it see if it solves the problem and let us know. I am also using the emerald resin.