auto support on mirco prongs heavy ring

General topics about 3d printing.
rkundla
Solus Master
Re: auto support on mirco prongs heavy ring

Postby rkundla » Wed May 31, 2017 8:21 pm

mongerdesigns wrote:Don't have much time but it was interesting to see how it would pull it off. No sweat. The support tips are the smallest at 0.1 and automatic supports were used.

Hope you don't mind if I take this print to the JCK :)

I video like that should be illegal for the jealousy it has invoked in me. :shock: :evil: :mrgreen:
mongerdesigns
Solus Guru

Postby mongerdesigns » Wed May 31, 2017 8:41 pm

rkundla wrote:
mongerdesigns wrote:Don't have much time but it was interesting to see how it would pull it off. No sweat. The support tips are the smallest at 0.1 and automatic supports were used.

Hope you don't mind if I take this print to the JCK :)

I video like that should be illegal for the jealousy it has invoked in me. :shock: :evil: :mrgreen:

I think it is illegal in some states like South Dakota and Massachusetts :lol:
Monger Designs a.k.a. Monger
http://www.mongerdesigns.com

Junction3d - Official US Distributor for the SOLUS 3D PRINTER
http://www.junction3d.com

Follow us on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/junction3d/
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:55 am

In the top only print, you can see the supports did not connect to the prongs on the inside lip. I also notice the supports look to be more in middle of a cluster of prongs and not at the very tip of each prong. The tips is what needs to be supported. Especially if they point more down. Look at the model in slice view with NO supports. Run the slider very slowly and look for small dots. These are the areas that need supporting.
dcpattni
Novice

Postby dcpattni » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:42 am

with manual support GREEN sign which means ''Island"' and sometime i feel it is important to put i also keep support....same e.g u did first time.
samatheang
Solus Expert

Postby samatheang » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:05 am

I wouldn't use 0.1mm or 0.2mm for those prongs at the top of the ring when printing the top part upside down. At the beginning of the print when the build plate is dipped in the Vat, you need very strong supports since there is more separation force during that time. I would use something closer to the size of the prong like 0.4mm, and don't use Sphere Touch Points. Good luck.

dcpattni wrote:hi,

after suggestion from SOlUS users experts i try as below:-

1st try single ring white 0.1mm support which print good easy to removed supports but bottom(dome area) prongs it was not perfect.

2nd try in 2 parts as Mr.Sam advice, it worked very clear but top front only it did not print well....but rest was clean & clear images below.

3rd try with 0.2mm only for Dome it didn't grow....

All suports are manualy.

I always mix b9 very very well before filling in VAT.

what do you think........i m doing few other printing going OK....only this ring mirco prongs giving tuff time.
yinados

Postby yinados » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:20 am

That good quality have the 3d printer dlp, I want to get one, to see if I decide, but it has very good looks this printer.