maybe a stupid question

General topics about 3d printing.
manakawari
Solus Expert
maybe a stupid question

Postby manakawari » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:58 am

but I just set my machine up for 42 for the first time and while maybe I don't fully understand the technicals, its my understanding that the pixel count remains the same, its just that by pulling the projector further from the machine, the pixels get enlarged and thus lose resolution? is this sort of correct?

if this is the basic idea, and if you had chose to do so when designing the machine, couldnt you have added another setting pulling the projector even further away and increasing the build volume even more?

you would have lost more resolution, but it still , at the very worst, would have been then similar to what? the form 1?

this would have given you a machine that could print much larger objects, in a resolution similar to the form one, while also allowing super detailed smaller objects for jewelry? am I missing something?

just seems you would have had a much more versatile machine because imo, this machine is amazing ..my only issue is the build size is somewhat limiting for my needs sometimes...really just sometimes,....I was just wondering.