Projector setup

Topics about Solus 3d Printer's hardware
jr_Boyd
Projector setup

Postby jr_Boyd » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:51 pm

Hello All,

I have a quick question that will seem silly to most of you I am sure.

When setting up the projector (Optima HD37) you have to install the black registration plate, only fits one way and is perfectly flat. The instructions say to make sure all the feet on the projector are fully retracted which mean to me they should be turned so that it is flush with the base of the projector. When you slide it under the projector this mean they do not touch the pegs for registration because the plate is too low.

Am I reading this wrong and the feet should be fully extended? I am not an engineer but this is the only way I can see the plate can be high enough to be restrained by the two registration pins. Can someone add some clarity here for me?

Thanks, JB
reify
Site Admin

Re: Projector setup

Postby reify » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:49 am

Hi,

The feet should be fully retracted. There are strong magnets inside the printer and they will pull the mounting plate tight up on the tapered aligning pins.
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:50 am

You did screw the plate to the bottom of the projector? The feet should be screwed all the way into (up) the projector. This should still leave about 5mm above the counter top surface. It is thin metal. I had to bend mine a little to have the buttons lock in on the printer.
jr_Boyd

Postby jr_Boyd » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:57 pm

Thanks for the response, I looked at it again today and it looked like the base was flat but it might have been off a little due to the arch around the lens. I reset the plate and slightly bent it up. It still looks flat and it now registers with the pins. I have been able to use it by lining it up and then printing but attached is obviously much better. I will share some of the great results I have been getting here shortly.

JB