Inexpensive UV Curing Chamber

Topics about Solus 3d Printer's hardware
kyjeweler
Novice
Re: Inexpensive UV Curing Chamber

Postby kyjeweler » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:07 am

printcast wrote:I can sell you some, but it's not cheap. I ship it dehydrated to save on shipping cost. All you do is add water right out of your faucet. Instructions - Add water an mix vigorously for 5mins.

Can you give me quote on UV curve
SBright
Novice

Postby SBright » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:43 pm

I just built a paint can curing chamber with led's inside. After 10 minutes, my models are definitely more "crispy" but that smell is back. Does anybody cast straight after the led cure or do you guys boil in water or oil after?

-Stanley Bright
samatheang
Solus Expert

Postby samatheang » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:37 am

SBright wrote:I just built a paint can curing chamber with led's inside. After 10 minutes, my models are definitely more "crispy" but that smell is back. Does anybody cast straight after the led cure or do you guys boil in water or oil after?

-Stanley Bright

Not sure if 10 minutes in there is enough though. You might need at least an hour or two from what I heard.

I know microwave works, but not sure about boiling in water. Does put the model in boiling water work the same as microwave? It will be useful if put in boiling water work because some country doesn't use microwave.
rkundla
Solus Master

Postby rkundla » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:37 pm

Are you talking about microwaving the resin directly? I wouldn't recommend that since the microwave will potentially excite the resin to high temperatures.

If it is in water whether on a stove top or microwave, it is the same action. Raise temperature of the resin print to near 212°F/100°C and let the polymer finish linking until it can't link anymore.

Just make sure you keep the print from the bottom of the pan, which will be in direct contact with the heat and may see temperatures higher than boiling water.
mongerdesigns
Solus Guru

Postby mongerdesigns » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:52 pm

Great tip!
Monger Designs a.k.a. Monger
http://www.mongerdesigns.com

Junction3d - Official US Distributor for the SOLUS 3D PRINTER
http://www.junction3d.com

Follow us on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/junction3d/
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:54 am

Many of us did the microwave cure. I put mine in oil. Less evaporation. 3min on 15 min rest, did this 3 times. Worked great. I now use the B9 cure box. Quicker.
samatheang
Solus Expert

Postby samatheang » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:10 am

rkundla wrote:Are you talking about microwaving the resin directly? I wouldn't recommend that since the microwave will potentially excite the resin to high temperatures.

If it is in water whether on a stove top or microwave, it is the same action. Raise temperature of the resin print to near 212°F/100°C and let the polymer finish linking until it can't link anymore.

Just make sure you keep the print from the bottom of the pan, which will be in direct contact with the heat and may see temperatures higher than boiling water.

That's good to know. Thank you, Ron. I might try it when I have a chance. :)
samatheang
Solus Expert

Postby samatheang » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:13 am

Jewelermdt wrote:Many of us did the microwave cure. I put mine in oil. Less evaporation. 3min on 15 min rest, did this 3 times. Worked great. I now use the B9 cure box. Quicker.

How is your B9 Curing box work, Mike? Mine doesn't work well. Even though I put 5 mins on three sides of a ring, it still come out a little sticky. Does yours do the same too? Thank you.
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:49 am

No. Mine come out rock hard. I clean in Alcohol first, then in water and Dawn dish detergent in heated ultrasonic for 2-3 minuets, rinse. Then in B9 box 3 to 4 minuets each side in water. I use a cutoff wheel to remove supports.
samatheang
Solus Expert

Postby samatheang » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:25 am

Jewelermdt wrote:No. Mine come out rock hard. I clean in Alcohol first, then in water and Dawn dish detergent in heated ultrasonic for 2-3 minuets, rinse. Then in B9 box 3 to 4 minuets each side in water. I use a cutoff wheel to remove supports.

I did it exactly the same way as yours. I even put it for 5 minutes on three sides in water, but still come out a little sticky. Maybe it is something wrong.