We were robbed...

Topics about Solus 3d Printer's hardware
Cassio
Novice
We were robbed...

Postby Cassio » Tue May 16, 2017 7:47 pm

(If this isn't allowed, please delete)

Hey all,

Last Sunday my store was burglarized. The burglars took almost all of my inventory, as well as the laptop that was being used at my 3d printing station. I don't know why, but we can only assume that it was because they thought that's where the camera recordings were being stored. Insurance is playing games, saying that we aren't covered and the alarm company isn't taking credit for their system not sending out a ping when the alarm was cut. Anyway, I'm only telling you all this because we're hurting and before I run out and buy a new laptop to print with, I was wondering if anyone here had one that they're not using. I'm not asking for a handout or anything, just a little help from this good community. I'd be willing to pay. I totally understand if you can't.

Thank you,
Josh

Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Re: We were robbed...

Postby Jewelermdt » Wed May 17, 2017 2:21 am

Bummer Dude. Make sure the new system has cell phone backup. I was broken into 2 years ago. Alarm system didn't pick him up until the fourth case he broke set off the glass break sensor. No other sensor pick up his movement. Call ADT to come check out the system. Guy said everything was working fine. REALLY Do you not see this mess. Fired their asses. I now have double of everything.
lklutts
Solus Expert

Postby lklutts » Wed May 17, 2017 3:07 am

Craig, call me. Got one you can have. Len
Cassio
Novice

Postby Cassio » Sat May 20, 2017 3:15 pm

Jewelermdt wrote:Bummer Dude. Make sure the new system has cell phone backup. I was broken into 2 years ago. Alarm system didn't pick him up until the fourth case he broke set off the glass break sensor. No other sensor pick up his movement. Call ADT to come check out the system. Guy said everything was working fine. REALLY Do you not see this mess. Fired their asses. I now have double of everything.

Sorry to hear that. We're going through that right now. Probably gonna have everything be redundant.
M-Williams
Solus Master

Postby M-Williams » Sat May 20, 2017 6:48 pm

Out of curiosity . is Your safe a TRTL rated. Thanks Marc.
SWDesign
Novice

Postby SWDesign » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:32 pm

Oh, I'm so sorry that happened to you. Just saw this post. I hope everything is resolved with the insurance and alarm by now. The photos are very disturbing.
JesseTaylor
Novice

Postby JesseTaylor » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:27 pm

Really sorry this happened, it's every jewelers nightmare. Hope you can get going again soon.