projector focus

Topics about Solus 3d Printer's hardware
manakawari
Solus Expert
projector focus

Postby manakawari » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:29 pm

are there any tips for focusing the projector? im having a couple issues...the first is that , even when I press the menu button to see some text, its still way too small to see if its properly focused ( my eyes are getting bad because I work on laser cutters all day) maybe time for new glasses, lol....but the second issue is the focus itself...when attempting to focus the projector while setting up for 42xy, I can clearly see the grid and text is out of focus and when adjusting the focus, I can clearly see it come into focus, but it appears the best focus is achieved at the maximum I can turn the focus knob or damn near the maximum...like I said, its very hard for me to see if its the perfect focus 100 percent, but based on my best guess, I achieve the best focus when I cant turn the knob any further...this has me wondering if maybe something is wrong? maybe if I could turn it a tiny bit more id get a better focus?

im using a vivitek projector, is it normal for the perfect focus at 42 to be as far as the knob will turn?
mongerdesigns
Solus Guru

Re: projector focus

Postby mongerdesigns » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:22 pm

Please contact support at info@junction3d.com
Monger Designs a.k.a. Monger
http://www.mongerdesigns.com

Junction3d - Official US Distributor for the SOLUS 3D PRINTER
http://www.junction3d.com

Follow us on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/junction3d/
artcad
Novice

Postby artcad » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:55 pm

I have the exact problem,could you please post the answer to this problem.
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:32 am

Yep. My best focus is turned all the way it can go.
Weliz
Novice

Postby Weliz » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:12 am

same here, my focus is at max possible. But where i wan it to be. there's still bluryness.
reify
Site Admin

Postby reify » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:08 am

Hi,

It seems the lens manufacturer changed the focal length of the lenses at some point and didn't tell us.

This only affects some of the printers with the older style, flexible black projector mounts. If you can't focus properly at 42XY, please contact your distributor and we will send you a new mount. I'm really sorry for any inconvenience and confusion this may have caused.

We also can offer an upgraded mount design for 50 USD. This new design has a CNC'd plate that attaches under the printer and a mount for the projector. The big advantage is that the weight of the projector now holds the front of the printer down so it can't flip back when you open the lid. It's also a much sturdier connection and easier to set up as the attachment point is now visible and not under the printer.

This mount will be included with all new printers.
Attachments
IMG_0365.JPG
exedebee
Solus Expert

Postby exedebee » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:59 am

I will contact you Mark.
printcast
Solus Expert

Postby printcast » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:46 pm

So I also can not focus at 42. What I do is move the projector off of the spacing pins under the machine allowing the projector to be slightly further away than where it's supposed to be. Is there a new lens that I can get to resolve this? Or should I just keep the projector unattached from the machine when printing at 42?
M-Williams
Solus Master

Postby M-Williams » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:11 am

I think everyone should get the new plat. it is a headache free when it comes to fine-tuning . Marc.