Base Plate

barth
Novice
Base Plate

Postby barth » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:10 pm

Hi guys,
I know the base plate feature is not in the pipe and i try to work as Monger told me:

mongerdesigns wrote:No. There is no plan to have an export to STL function. You can make a flat base plate STL and import it onto contour. Then click on supports and right-click on the base plate stl and remove the checkbox "generate supports". Now it won't participate in the support generation. You can move it around and scale as you wish.

but when i move the plate under the part I have to restore the support and the support don't came truth the base plate but from the outside of them.

Any idea of the correct workflow?
I use Contour1.3.0 but I also try on Contour 1.3.6
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Re: Base Plate

Postby Jewelermdt » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:54 am

If you exclude a part from supports and it's on the bottom any supports generated will start to the side of the item you excluded. Contour can't tell what the part is so it won't mess it up with supports running through it.
Kevin
Novice

Postby Kevin » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:32 pm

what happens if you don't restore after placing the plate? does it let you print?
barth
Novice

Postby barth » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:31 pm

Kevin wrote:what happens if you don't restore after placing the plate? does it let you print?

I have the slice of the two parts but not the support :(
Kevin
Novice

Postby Kevin » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:44 pm

You could draw the base so that it covers most of the plate. If you open the base after you've got your other models supported
and don't move it the supports will stay where they are and you won't have to hit restore.

I don't know if that will print though, looking at the sliced layers they are in two different colors, not sure what that means.
mongerdesigns
Solus Guru

Postby mongerdesigns » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:57 pm

During the slice preview the supports are shaded green and the model is shaded white.
Monger Designs a.k.a. Monger
http://www.mongerdesigns.com

Junction3d - Official US Distributor for the SOLUS 3D PRINTER
http://www.junction3d.com

Follow us on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/junction3d/
Kevin
Novice

Postby Kevin » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:03 pm

ahh, the program has crashed the few times I've tried to scroll through the slices. I guess I never made it high enough to see the color change
barth
Novice

Postby barth » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:53 pm

Kevin wrote:You could draw the base so that it covers most of the plate. If you open the base after you've got your other models supported
and don't move it the supports will stay where they are and you won't have to hit restore.

I don't know if that will print though, looking at the sliced layers they are in two different colors, not sure what that means.

Sure but it's not very convenient...