smoother than milling

Show off your prints.
ThijsdeBruijn
Novice
Re: smoother than milling

Postby ThijsdeBruijn » Fri May 13, 2016 8:51 am

Make sure the focus is perfect and flip the model on it's side so the lettering is upright
Just Bob
Novice

Postby Just Bob » Fri May 13, 2016 2:38 pm

darrinfry wrote:From what experience i have had with our B9 and the Solus i can say one major thing that must be 100% spot on is the focus. The grows will only be as sharp as the focus.

My question is why are you doing a .025 slice instead of the .030. That small of a difference probably wont do to much in aiding cleanup. Try the standard resin profile.
And how large is the clasp, and the "14k" part of the clasp? Is the lettering to small to allow a good clean grow?

Hey Darrin!

Emil got me hooked up on some settings. My focus was sharp, but Changed the gamma on DLP and background color on video card. Gone back to original GREEN resin settings. Getting GREAT prints now! THANKS!

Bob
darrinfry
Novice

Postby darrinfry » Fri May 13, 2016 3:10 pm

Good luck. I have become a big fan of the green. I hope it works out well for you. I look forward to seeing some of the great things you crank out.
I really don't have any dogs. But the insatiable urge to fit in has caused me to do a dog avatar!
Just Bob
Novice

Postby Just Bob » Fri May 13, 2016 4:59 pm

thank you Sir!!

Bob
Wdshea
Solus Expert

Postby Wdshea » Mon May 16, 2016 4:07 am

i'm not familiar with the projector you are using, but with the infocus, i found that "brilliant color" caused the issue you are seeing. turn "brillian color" all the way down. also, i've turned sharpness all the way up. (on the projector)

turn gamma on your vid card to the lowest setting as well.

if you want proof as to what this will do for you, project a slice on the wall with the picture as big as you can get it. when you adjust settings, look at how this affects highly detailed layers. then you will find what is best for your projector. i found that gamma on my vid card closed up "negative" details in my prints.

what i suggested, is what helped me get that extra 10%.