Re: Time to show off some prints :)

Postby Dieter » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:38 am

Just emerald or hybrid?

Any favour? Quality of casting?
Archerm
Solus Master

Postby Archerm » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:01 pm

I like your supports. I do mine the same way to eliminate cleanup inside the shank. Pretty amazing how tiny supports can be. Some of short supports and bridges are as small as .01-.20mm in diameter. The arcs make the supports very strong. Mark
mongerdesigns
Solus Guru

Postby mongerdesigns » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Very nicely done!
Monger Designs a.k.a. Monger
http://www.mongerdesigns.com

Junction3d - Official US Distributor for the SOLUS 3D PRINTER
http://www.junction3d.com

Follow us on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/junction3d/
samatheang
Solus Expert

Postby samatheang » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:48 pm

Dieter wrote:Just emerald or hybrid?

Any favour? Quality of casting?

Pure Emerald, and it casts perfectly if you do it right. :) I have tried casting the Hybrid and the WaxCast several times already, but haven't had any luck.
samatheang
Solus Expert

Postby samatheang » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:04 pm

Archerm wrote:I like your supports. I do mine the same way to eliminate cleanup inside the shank. Pretty amazing how tiny supports can be. Some of short supports and bridges are as small as .01-.20mm in diameter. The arcs make the supports very strong. Mark

Tell you a secret, Mark. I should say thanks to you. The supports are inspired by you. I think it is an amazing idea doing the supports this way. Sorry for the late thank you. :) However, I am still not sure why you need the two small supports on your ring shank in addition to the center sprue. Also, I haven't tried anything smaller than 0.1mm for the support, have you?
samatheang
Solus Expert

Postby samatheang » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:04 pm

mongerdesigns wrote:Very nicely done!

Thanks, Emil.
Archerm
Solus Master

Postby Archerm » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:03 pm

That's great I am glad that it helped out. It is really easy to do once you do it a few times.I just add the side supports for a little more stability. .10 is as small as I go.I don't think there is a need to go any smaller.
samatheang wrote:
Archerm wrote:I like your supports. I do mine the same way to eliminate cleanup inside the shank. Pretty amazing how tiny supports can be. Some of short supports and bridges are as small as .01-.20mm in diameter. The arcs make the supports very strong. Mark

Tell you a secret, Mark. I should say thanks to you. The supports are inspired by you. I think it is an amazing idea doing the supports this way. Sorry for the late thank you. :) However, I am still not sure why you need the two small supports on your ring shank in addition to the center sprue. Also, I haven't tried anything smaller than 0.1mm for the support, have you?
samatheang
Solus Expert

Postby samatheang » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:40 pm

Archerm wrote:That's great I am glad that it helped out. It is really easy to do once you do it a few times.I just add the side supports for a little more stability. .10 is as small as I go.I don't think there is a need to go any smaller.
samatheang wrote:

The side supports is a good idea for small shank then. I will try that out. Yeah, 0.1mm is as small as I go too. Just saw you typed .01-0.20mm, so thought you went smaller than 0.1mm. Maybe it was a typo. Thanks again, Mark. :)
CADjewelrySchool
Novice

Postby CADjewelrySchool » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:59 pm

Good job with the supports @samatheang. A question that is worth asking for other members in the forum - how did you go about building the ARC of tint supports off the top of the column support?
Specifically is it done in native Rhino, or via a plugin or some other way?
Archerm
Solus Master

Postby Archerm » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:08 am

Yes it was a typo. I use Rhino and I do a pipe along a curve .1-.2 on one end and .5 on the other end. I like the smaller end against the model for easier ckeanup.