Anyone use Elegoo Washable Resin: Beige?

Discuss 3d printing resins
skulptor_geist
Anyone use Elegoo Washable Resin: Beige?

Postby skulptor_geist » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:52 pm

Let me start by saying that if Reify3D/Solus offered a resin in a flesh tone, beige, etc, I would buy it in a heart beat! In the mean time, once in a while I have requests for a flesh tone print of the busts and heads I sculpt/model.

Has anyone tried the Elegoo Washable Resin: Beige with success on their Solus 3D printer? If so, would you kindly share what you have tried as far as settings and the results? Thanks!
skulptor_geist

Re: Anyone use Elegoo Washable Resin: Beige?

Postby skulptor_geist » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:38 pm

I attempted using the lowest recommended exposure settings from the box cover, 20 seconds lower layers. and 5 seconds all layers, and when you make a NEW profile, there is no way to adjust the light intensity, so it was "8". Disaster! LOL!

I then decided to use the Solus Proto resin profile, with the light intensity set to "7". This yielded a significant improvement. The print was successful, except that there remained some slight "build lines" that make it unacceptable. I'm not sure what is causing this. I'll keep experimenting.
skulptor_geist

Re: Anyone use Elegoo Water Washable Resin: Beige?

Postby skulptor_geist » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:15 pm

WATER Washable...
robin
Solus Expert

Postby robin » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:44 pm

Seeing prints lines is usually a good sign but a picture is worth a thousand words so post some pics so we can help you diagnose things better.
M-Williams
Solus Master

Postby M-Williams » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:12 pm

Have you Tried dental resins. They have few that might mimic the skin tone, and Im 100 % sure they would print no problem on the Solus. Marc