best castable resin

Discuss 3d printing resins
Ellie
Novice
best castable resin

Postby Ellie » Tue May 28, 2019 10:52 am

I've been using B9 Emerald resin since it came out just as I got my printer, I need to order a new bottle of resin as I've almost definitely ruined my new bottle :( but wondered if it's worth switching to one of the castable Solus resins or stick with what I know?

I will have to send a test print to the casters before buying a whole bottle to check they can successfully cast with it, the casters have no problem with the B9 Emerald and I have 2 other people I can send prints too if I can’t do them in time who use Powercast Form and Yellow Envisiontec which have all worked fine.

There now 2 types of Solus castable so not sure which is better? What are people’s thoughts after using them and probably the B9 Emerald as a lot of us have?
Messerbr
Solus Expert

Re: best castable resin

Postby Messerbr » Tue May 28, 2019 2:06 pm

The SolusWax seems to be easier to burnout than the SolusCast, although I had an odd shrinkage issue with the SolusWax (Could have been an old formula and/or my projector lamp was old)

I would suggest the "if it ain't broke, dont fix it" method. Buy a bottle of what you know works (B9 Emerald) and while you have everything working 100% get the small sample bottles of SolusWax, SolusCast, and the CCW EasyCastHD to test out how they print and burnout for you. That way your production doesn't take a hit and you will have a better idea of what is going to work for your situation.

The SolusWax, SolusCast, and EasyCast resins all seem to print a little better than the B9 Emerald. With our particular setup, the EasyCast has been the easiest to maintain the same (if not better) casting results as the B9 Emerald resin.
Ellie
Novice

Postby Ellie » Tue May 28, 2019 3:14 pm

Cheers Messerbr, this is what I was thinking of doing as on my last 40ml of B9 since I killed the new bottle this morning,

I’m intrigued about the EasyCast, last time I had problems and was on the forum the SolusCast was just coming out so hadn’t seen anything about SolusWax or EasyCast, which set-up do you use? I’m set up to print at 25XY/30Z,
rsaldivar
Solus Master

Postby rsaldivar » Tue May 28, 2019 8:36 pm

why change if your caster can cast it , change when your caster cant cast it , the resolution seem about the same as long as you use the same 25xy - 30z
Ellie
Novice

Postby Ellie » Wed May 29, 2019 7:36 am

was just curious to if there was a better resin, since a few have come out since the Emerald, I've ordered another bottle and am going to order some samples of the new ones to try out when I have some downtime on the printer,