Solus Wax Pro

Discuss 3d printing resins
wawatobi
Novice
Solus Wax Pro

Postby wawatobi » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:52 am

Has anybody got feedback on Soluswax Pro. I have 12 partial bottles of resins I have tried over the last few years. Thousands of dollars wasted. The only resin I have found to produce both great models and also casts with little or no problems was the Solus Wax. The Easycast Hd cast well but I have had many problems getting good models. I just bought another bottle thinking mine was contaminated but its just the same crap. I tried putting 10 percent Soluscast and got perfect models that were uncastable. I think Im going to use the Easycast to cover the rust patches on my truck.
Kokos
Novice

Re: Solus Wax Pro

Postby Kokos » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:09 pm

Post some pictures of your failed Easycast prints. Many people are printing successfully with it, myself included.
I am sure the people on this forum can help you get great prints with it as well.
wawatobi
Novice

Postby wawatobi » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:20 am

I was having good success with easycast until last September. All of a sudden I was getting rubbish. Changed the bulb, changed the tilt motor bought the aluminum vat, ec.
I often have to print three of the same model to get one good one. Even if I get a good print there is always some half hard sludge on the film. I've tried soluscast again and got perfect prints, same with soluswax. I think i'm going on a drunk for a week. If I survive I'll post some pics when I get back.Cheers, and Merry Christmas! :D posting.php?mode=reply&f=8&t=1415#
wawatobi
Novice

Postby wawatobi » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:01 pm

I just thought I should update my results with Easycast. I switched to 80 x 45 and am getting much better results. Don't understand why I was getting such rubbish on the higher resolution but now I'm good to go. One thing for sure, the casting is flawless.
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:17 am

I'm liking the solus wax pro. Great prints and very good cast.
smokepl
Novice

Postby smokepl » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:09 pm

Jewelermdt wrote:I'm liking the solus wax pro. Great prints and very good cast.

Hi
Do you cast platinum from that wax? how're the results?
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:44 am

I don't do a lot of Platinum. I send that out to Techform with their HIP process.
3dLuke
Novice

Postby 3dLuke » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:02 pm

Quick question about the WAX PRO. First off, love this resin and our casting has never been better. But I've tried to look through the forum here to see if someone else has noticed this. It seems to me the prints shrinks a little. I let a ring that I printed sit around a couple of days and it had a smaller finger size then what I printed.

Is there a setting or calculation I can enter in the Contour software that offsets this? I'm using an optima projector?
Best Regards,

Luke Johnson
Senior Designer
Arthur's Jewelers Creations.
Other Custom Designs by Luke Johnson
mongerdesigns
Solus Guru

Postby mongerdesigns » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:45 am

Compensate by scaling up by 3%
Monger Designs a.k.a. Monger
http://www.mongerdesigns.com

Junction3d - Official US Distributor for the SOLUS 3D PRINTER
http://www.junction3d.com

Follow us on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/junction3d/
3dLuke
Novice

Postby 3dLuke » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:34 pm

I adjusted the printer and it is printing now to the correct sizes. However, it seems after the model is just doing all sorts of weird things. These photos show a disk that printed out 8 hours ago. When it came out of the printer it was perfectly flat and circular. Yet over time it just starts to distort.
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
Best Regards,

Luke Johnson
Senior Designer
Arthur's Jewelers Creations.
Other Custom Designs by Luke Johnson