Note from Shane at Maker Juice

Discuss 3d printing resins
Just Bob
Novice
Note from Shane at Maker Juice

Postby Just Bob » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:47 pm

I like the prelim results of printing with MakerJuice. Seems smoother than B9 Green in my experience.

Did have a question and here's the FAST response I got from MJ support:

Recently received and printed using your MJ WaxCast. I was excited with the results (smoother than my grow with B9 Emerald Green resin), but had a question: It seems to be "soft" and pliable after UV curing overnight. Also still "wet" and can smear the grow lines smooth. Apparently not fully cured though in the UV box for better than 14 hrs.

Suggestions for curing? I used IPA to clean off excess after print, rinsed in soap water, compressed air dried, then put in UV box. (36 watt "nail dryer").
Thanks for your time,

Bob

From MJ Shane Graber:

Yes, WaxCast will be more soft and pliable compared to the B9 resins. It's due to the high wax content of the resin and other additives to aid in casting. Your procedure will fully cure the ring; it's just more fragile than what you'll see with B9 resins. We realized it may cause changes in how a part is handled, but in the end it has to cast well and that it does. Our benchmark for developing WaxCast was the EnvisionTEC EC500 resin and my tests indicate it casts as well as that resin. I would suggest casting and seeing what you think.

Best,
--
Shane Graber
support@makerjuice.com
Attachments
A203 - 20160425_175638.jpg
A202 - 20160425_175619.jpg
ET-Designs

Re: Note from Shane at Maker Juice

Postby ET-Designs » Thu May 12, 2016 10:52 pm

Hi Bob

What is the slicing parameter you used for printing,
I tried several setting on the solus without any success.

if you can share this info I would appreciated

Roy
Just Bob
Novice

Re: Note from Shane at Maker Juice

Postby Just Bob » Fri May 13, 2016 2:13 pm

ET-Designs wrote:Hi Bob

What is the slicing parameter you used for printing,
I tried several setting on the solus without any success.

if you can share this info I would appreciated

Roy

Hey Roy! I'm not sure I'm one to be taking advice from, but here's what I did...
Emil has a downloadable file he posted on the B9 Green profile....use that. Should ben something like:

14000 ( I changed to lower than his at his recommendation bc I was getting some flashing on the base layers)
3 layers btm
4 and check Enable Anti- A
5 lift

4 layers btm
4 and check Enable A-A
4 lift

Again, your results may vary!

Bob