Makerjuice SF prototyping resin

Discuss 3d printing resins
manakawari
Solus Expert
Makerjuice SF prototyping resin

Postby manakawari » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:53 pm

considering all the help this forum has given me, i wanted to make my small contribution to the community because when i needed this info it wasnt yet available and i needed to spend a bit of time figuring this out.

for the red MJ SF resin i find that it works well with at exposure time of 2800 and bottom exposure @ 12000, slice thickness of .030 and with adding an additional .5 percent red pigment and AA set to 4.

Its a very cheap resin but the prints look fantastic ..my tests wernt the most detailed prints but the surface quality is amazing...maybe tonight i will print one of those calibration tests to determine what if any fine detail limitations this resin has because its rated to .030 and not any lower.

next will be the white G + ..im told white resins can be more challenging but i hope im able to find success because at least for my proto needs, a good white resin , that cures very hard and is capable of very fine detail is exactly what my needs call for.
jisaac
Novice

Re: Makerjuice SF prototyping resin

Postby jisaac » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:32 pm

Hi manakawari,

I bought Red MakerJuice SF + Red pigment and I want to do my first print with it. This will be my first print with the solus.
I will use your setting. Thank you gor sharing. However I don't really understand how to make the pigment addition.
0.5% means 5ml for 1litter? Because this link confuses me ( https://makerjuice.com/pages/pigment-concentrations ).
What is AA? Iam newbie :oops:
Do you put the UV filter back into the projector bulb housing, as recommended by mongerdesigns? ( viewtopic.php?f=8&t=251&p=1850&hilit=makerjuice#p1850 )

Thank you for your time,

Jacques
Storen
Novice

Postby Storen » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:27 pm

@ Manakawari:

Do you add the pigment for improving the quality of the printing or just for aesthetic reasons?
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:27 am

For quality of the print.