proto resin question

Discuss 3d printing resins
manakawari
Solus Expert
proto resin question

Postby manakawari » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:26 pm

im considering purchasing the proto resin and I was wondering a few things, first, I probably will not be using it a lot and I was wondering what the shelf life of the resin is after being opened?

store after opening at room temp or should it go in the fridge?

do you sell smaller bottles or are you still selling only the, what is it, the $250.00 bottle? id like to try it but I reluctant to spend that much until iv tested it for my purposes.

does the exposure vary for the resolution setting you have the printer set to?

I currently have my solus set to the high resolution setting but im considering changing it to the larger print volume / lower resolution setting but Im concerned about experiencing more print failures this way.

I don't know if this is just me , but what I seem to have noticed on the forum, is that print failures are more common with the larger print volume setup, is this true?

id like to set my machine up to be the most consistent , with the least amount of failures so I was considering buying the proto resin for this purpose so I can just used the recommended proto resin settings in an effort to achieve the best consistency but im not sure if resolution plays a factor at all, im willing to sacrifice the extra build volume if keeping it in the higher resolution settings will help achieve this.

does the forum have an opinion on weather the higher or lower resolution settings offer less print failures?

im using my solus in an embellishment factory, we work in fashion and I use my solus to create custom fashion hardware and embellishments.. id like to try to proto resin for this.. iv been using my solus to create masters that I then use to create a silicone mold and then cast in resin to produce larger quantities or sometimes I just paint the master to suit my needs , but im finding, that sometimes the resin I have been using ( maker juice ) has been inhibiting either the curing of the silicone or the paint/ clear gloss that I apply to the print..im concerned I may have a similar problem with the proto resin, and that's why I was hoping for the option of a smaller bottle.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing your suggestions.