prototyping resin suggestion other than solus proto

Discuss 3d printing resins
manakawari
Solus Expert
prototyping resin suggestion other than solus proto

Postby manakawari » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:04 pm

i just posted in the general section regarding help with locating the online store for purchasing solus supplies and kinda went off topic with my post and got into a resin question as well...since i would really like help with the second part of my question, i figured id post it in the section where it belongs.

Im currently using white makerjuice prototype resin and i have it printing well but despite my best efforts in exposure time and pigment concentration, i cant seem to push it past a wall i seem to have hit regarding resolution.

This cheap resin seems to work well on the solus if you add a ton of extra pigment but sadly, i dont think its made with a machine like the solus in mind..it just cant get anywhere near the resolution that the solus can achieve.

While my needs do not require the full potential of the solus resolution, i do need slightly better resolution than i can get with makerjuice.

My problem is that while id love to try the solus proto resin, i cant use an orange resin for my needs...my base color must be white( i explained in my other post in the general section exactly why i need my resin to be white)

i asked about this last year and was told that pigment was important when attempting to achieve high resolution and that the resolution achievable with the solus resin would not be the same if they made the same resin in white.

This i completely understand but like i said, i dont need the resolution to be quite as good as the solus proto resin, id settle for just better than white makerjuice with extra pigment and it doesnt even have to be a lot better...i feel when adding a ton of white pigment to the makerjuice, the resolution is quite close to what i need, just not quite there.

i feel im stuck needing another white resin but one of better quality than makerjuice....is anyone aware of a resin vender who sells a white prototyping resin of higher quality than makerjuice? id like to try that before completely giving up and being forced to buy solus proto and priming because i feel that priming will kill any additional detail benefit im able to achieve over white makerjuice.