SolusCast: Success Print and Cast

Discuss casting techniques
M.A.N
Novice
Re: SolusCast: Success Print and Cast

Postby M.A.N » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:34 am

[/quote]
rkundla wrote:
M.A.N wrote:I use an electric kiln. It can reach 850 c degrees.

Do you have additional air holes or vents in your kiln to improve combustion? What is your ramp rate when moving between the temperature stages?
I see. Do you know if you see any debris in the machine after you do that? That is a very interesting way of dealing with the ash.

I added a way near its door. And its a ventilator right on top of its chimney.
It doesn't has any controllable ramp rate. I think it goes 1 c every 5 or 6 seconds. When I set it to increase from a degree to another in one hour it doesn't mean that it goes exactly in one hour. It takes more time. Thats not important.
With my experience in dealing with resins ENOUGH CURING, PROPER ENVESTMENT, GOOD BURNOUT CYCLE( VACUUMING and other ways for HELPING RESIN TO BURN BETTER INCLUDED)are the key points.
My machine has a brass filter in its vaccum chamber. It became dirty after a while. I can't say its only from ashes because there are other things that make it dirty. Ashes are not many. But they always stick in worst places. Its their proficiency ;)
rkundla
Solus Master

Postby rkundla » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:09 pm

So the issue for me is that using my B9 Emerald method, which casts without fail, to cast SolusCast, it was full of negative defects.

I am going to invest a new test batch with a full 6 hours in my UV paint can to see if it will work using the same config. If not, then I need to tweak some other parameters.

I really like the sharp detail of the SolusCast compared to the Emerald and would like to see that translate to better quality jewelry. :-D
M.A.N
Novice

Postby M.A.N » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:29 pm

Casting wax and a solus cast ring on top of it with prestige gold( wax investment) with normal burn out ( high temp was 740) and six hours simple uv curing.
Surface is not as good as casting with resin investment but its acceptable.
Attachments
_20171019_175621.JPG
_20171019_175603.JPG