Investment

Discuss casting techniques
samatheang
Solus Expert
Re: Investment

Postby samatheang » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:59 am

Hi, what do you use to remove bubble while investing? Any tip would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:47 am

M-Williams
Solus Master

Postby M-Williams » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:52 am

The cheapest and most efficient way ,just use a painting brush and go over your pieces with a bit diluted mix of investment.
samatheang
Solus Expert

Postby samatheang » Wed May 04, 2016 1:17 am

Thanks, guys. Sorry for the late reply.

@Jewelermdt I did use vacuum, but somewhat I can't get Plasticast to get to rapid boil even though I am using the thinnest mixture. It just keep raising until it spills off the flask even with extra tape to extend the flask.

@M-Williams that's a good idea too. Thank you.
Archerm
Solus Master

Postby Archerm » Thu May 05, 2016 1:40 am

You need to make sure you are pulling at least 27-30 on your vacuum investor.
samatheang
Solus Expert

Postby samatheang » Thu May 05, 2016 8:54 am

Thanks, Archerm. My vacuum is working fine. It can pulls very strong. My issue is not with the vacuum machine though, but with the Plasticast investment overflows while vacuuming. It doesn't break/pop and just keep raising.
Archerm
Solus Master

Postby Archerm » Thu May 05, 2016 2:58 pm

I am using 4 inch masking tape on top. The Plasticast never really goes back sown to the edge of the flask until you release the vacuum. It just goes down a little after you reach peak vacuum for a few seconds.
samatheang wrote:Thanks, Archerm. My vacuum is working fine. It can pulls very strong. My issue is not with the vacuum machine though, but with the Plasticast investment overflows while vacuuming. It doesn't break/pop and just keep raising.
samatheang
Solus Expert

Postby samatheang » Fri May 06, 2016 12:40 am

I think four inches tape sounds like a good idea. I will try that. Thanks Archerm.

Archerm wrote:I am using 4 inch masking tape on top. The Plasticast never really goes back sown to the edge of the flask until you release the vacuum. It just goes down a little after you reach peak vacuum for a few seconds.
samatheang wrote:Thanks, Archerm. My vacuum is working fine. It can pulls very strong. My issue is not with the vacuum machine though, but with the Plasticast investment overflows while vacuuming. It doesn't break/pop and just keep raising.