Resin to metal conversions

Discuss casting techniques
Roman
Resin to metal conversions

Postby Roman » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:17 am

Hi there was wondering if the conversions are the same for the b9 cherry as they are for say your standard wax. If not is there a chart somewhere that someone can point me to showing the conversion for resin to diffrent metals. Thank you for any information ahead of time.
GAR62
Novice

Re: Resin to metal conversions

Postby GAR62 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:36 pm

Hey Roman,
I exclusively use the B9 cherry and have noticed the difference from the green wax I use on my Revo mill. The resin is heavier. I don't know exactly by how much. I have yet to mill and grow the same model and compare weights. I just know that by using my same conversions for wax on the resin that my buttons end up heavier. I guess you could look at it in that you have extra insurance that you have enough metal to fill the mold and have plenty for the button. In the last two casting I did I reduced my resin weight by .1 gram and still had plenty for the button. I'm sure someone at B9 or this forum might have the exact specific gravity for B9 cherry as compared to green carving wax. Hope this helps------------------Gary
M-Williams
Solus Master

Re: Resin to metal conversions

Postby M-Williams » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:06 pm

For Resin to 14K Conversion. Unit X 16.5 and and it always pretty much spot On. 90 cherry 10 Red . you can just convert it as cherry to make life easy .
I just see my work crisp with a bit of red. this is not a general rule, just a personal tweak.