Contour Feature Requests

rsaldivar
Solus Master
Re: Contour Feature Requests

Postby rsaldivar » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:00 pm

I would like , once you press start your print , one the last page , I would like to see what resin profile its running on , I change them so much sometimes I forget which one its on , and would like to see what I have chosen , for example , if I have a lot of rings on the build plate , AS YOU HAVE TOLD ME , DONT RUN TURBO , I then change to regular but then doubt myself after Iv pressed start
Argyle
Novice

Postby Argyle » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:21 am

How about a feature to assist in the creation of resin profiles. Something where the user sets a range and the software prints a single model with varied exposure times. The printed model could then be used as a reference for several exposure times.
One way this could work would be to have a stepped model where each step has a number and maybe a texture. Lets assume there are 8 steps numbered 1 through 8.
#8 could be the bottom stair and #1 the top. You want to test exposure times from 1.5 seconds to 5 seconds. You would enter the range & the software could automatically print each step with a different exposure time.

When the print finishes you reference the model, tighten the range, & print another to dial it in.
Attachments
steps.JPG
steps.JPG (17.41KiB)Viewed 21856 times
rsaldivar
Solus Master

Postby rsaldivar » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:25 pm

any idea when solus 2.0 will release ?
Robert
Novice

Postby Robert » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:47 pm

Small thing, but I would really like a mirror tool in Contour, including the set up of supports. I often get 2 parts on models that are just mirrored and I have to spend quite some time setting up each side.
hx19035
Novice

Postby hx19035 » Sat May 26, 2018 4:52 pm

1. Extra exposure time for supports. I work with commercial machines that will 'overexpose' the support geometry so that they can be drawn with literally just a plane. The part and support geometry get's 7000ms of light, then the shutter closes and reopens with ONLY the support geometry in the mask for an additional 4000ms. The only bad thing is that there's more exposures which means a slightly longer print time. However, just using extruded curves as supports is revolutionary vs. cutting off huge pipes.

2. Variable exposure time per layer according to the masks. I think the very first post touched on this idea in #3. Can the software calculate how much time each layer is to be exposed and make a determination for each slice? I spitballed this idea with someone a few years ago and they actually said that the slices with lots of exposure area would require less time than those slices that are simply curing 4 tiny prong tips at the end of the build (for example). This could possibly speed up every build since the exposure times would vary all the way through.

Just goofy thoughts.
Had too much caffeine.
Jules
Novice

Postby Jules » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:19 pm

Any updates on adding variable layer height? It would be nice to start printing at .1mm layers then move to fine layers as you move up or should I say down. I Imagine if we could control layers we could print upwards of 20-30% faster, maybe much more if you just need fine layers on the top of your ring. Be that much less wear on the printer, projector and bulbs.
robin
Solus Expert

Postby robin » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:39 pm

I tried merging two scene files but it placed both models on top of each other. Is there a way to automatically have Contour rearrange the models on the plate?
mongerdesigns
Solus Guru

Postby mongerdesigns » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:16 pm

You can then move the models around and hit regenerate supports.
Monger Designs a.k.a. Monger
http://www.mongerdesigns.com

Junction3d - Official US Distributor for the SOLUS 3D PRINTER
http://www.junction3d.com

Follow us on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/junction3d/
rsaldivar
Solus Master

Postby rsaldivar » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:50 pm

well this is a small thing too , but every time I print , I always print extras , and I would like a big button to press to duplicate and another one right next to it to delete
another big button I would like is next to the roltate , an auto 90 deg rotation button , you had mentioned that Its always better to print at 90deg.
and I too would like to mirror supports
also I don't see the need for asking if I want to auto shut off after the print after ? does anyone ever say no ? why would they ?