Lamp Replacement

This section is for specific instructions for daily operations of the Solus printer and for troubleshooting. User submitted tips, etc. should go in the "Tips and Tutorials" section.
Dstonic
Novice
Lamp Replacement

Postby Dstonic » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:14 pm

Hey All,
I just wanted to share something that has happened to me, and that was a projector lamp reaching its end. The UV was not producing anymore so it was time for a replacement. What I wish to share with you is "Where to get a new lamp"...."Take down and replacement with a new lamp".
First of all, you don't have to go and purchase the whole Projector Replacement Lamp and Housing. What I did was take the house apart which is basically two screws holding the black shade in place. Then there was a stainless metal clip holding the bulb in place by two other small screws. Easy As Pie !!! The two wires feeding current are easy enough to figure out without detailing this out to you.

I know most of you are mechanically capable enough to do this. Don't be intimidated that you "HAVE TO BUY THE WHOLE HOUSING"

The company I purchased them from is

https://www.dynamiclamps.com/products/v ... 4088768975

Dynamic Lamps
2710 Eastside Park Rd. Suite D
Evansville, IN 47715
Hours: 9:00am - 4:30pm CST, M-F
Phone: 812-618-1634
Email: help@dynamiclamps.com

Item #

61187-BOS Vivitek 5811120355-SVV Osram Projector Bare Lamp
$63.99
Attachments
20180427_102104_resized.jpg
20180427_102422_resized.jpg
20180427_102427_resized.jpg
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Re: Lamp Replacement

Postby Jewelermdt » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:15 am

How old is your printer? Didn't think you had yours that long. How many hours did you have on it? Mine is about 2 1/2 years old. Haven't looked at the hours in a while. Granted I didn't use it a lot when I first got it, but now it's used all the time. Not this week cause I'm waiting for a new tilt motor. I have not replaced my lamp yet. I get great prints still. I run a fan to move the air and I'm guessing this has help quite a bit to prolong it's life.
samatheang
Solus Expert

Postby samatheang » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:42 pm

Is that the same bulb as the original? Thank you.
Dstonic
Novice

Postby Dstonic » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:39 pm

Jewelermdt wrote:How old is your printer? Didn't think you had yours that long. How many hours did you have on it? Mine is about 2 1/2 years old. Haven't looked at the hours in a while. Granted I didn't use it a lot when I first got it, but now it's used all the time. Not this week cause I'm waiting for a new tilt motor. I have not replaced my lamp yet. I get great prints still. I run a fan to move the air and I'm guessing this has help quite a bit to prolong it's life.

I'm over a year on the grower. By mistake, the projector was left on too long. The lamp worked but not as strong, so we replaced it. It was not due lack of air movement...weather a that time was rather cool so the store was well under normal hold temperature. Grower is fine, projector is fine as well....just a lamp that needed to be changed.
Dstonic
Novice

Postby Dstonic » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:50 pm

samatheang wrote:Is that the same bulb as the original? Thank you.

Yes. I want to make it clear to all that is reading my response to you in this post, that I replaced the lamp with a OEM of what was in there before. Don't be fooled and just buy any ole lamp from a website...they may be "Knock Off's". The OEM is made in China, but their are companies that have the same lamp out there made in China too but not up to exact markings and make up. The lamp I had in the projector had engraved on the back of it (on the ceramic) base "OSRAM", but on the knock offs it will be stamped in black ink. There is your difference.
samatheang
Solus Expert

Postby samatheang » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:24 pm

Dstonic wrote:
samatheang wrote:Is that the same bulb as the original? Thank you.

Yes. I want to make it clear to all that is reading my response to you in this post, that I replaced the lamp with a OEM of what was in there before. Don't be fooled and just buy any ole lamp from a website...they may be "Knock Off's". The OEM is made in China, but their are companies that have the same lamp out there made in China too but not up to exact markings and make up. The lamp I had in the projector had engraved on the back of it (on the ceramic) base "OSRAM", but on the knock offs it will be stamped in black ink. There is your difference.

Thank you, David.